These pie iron dessert recipes are delicious and fun to make while camping! Add them to your must make list this summer.
Pie irons, sometimes referred to as camp cookers, are camping staples. They are perfect for getting the entire family involved in the cooking process and a great way to turn a few slices of bread into a memorable experience.
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
Meal planning is done. You have put together a camping menu full of delicious meals for the family’s next camping trip.
But what about the sweet stuff? These easy recipes for pie iron desserts are just what you need. They are such a fun way to cook dessert over an open fire while camping!
This post contains affiliate links.
Camping essentials for pie iron recipes:
- We like these square Rome pie irons the best.
- These double pie irons are great when cooking for a crowd.
- This cast iron scrubber set is perfect for safely cleaning your iron.
- These parchment paper sheets are helpful when you don’t want things to stick to your iron.
Tips & tricks:
- Many of these pie iron recipes will work with refrigerated crescent roll dough, biscuits, flaky rolls, or bread slices. Choose what you like best.
- Make a list of all the ingredients needed for all of your camping meals. This will be your packing list. It also makes it much easier to see exactly what groceries you need to buy and to make up a shopping list.
- When it comes to camping meals, do as much food prep as you can at home. This is an easy way to save time and effort on cleanup when you don’t have quick access to hot water.
- Using a double pie iron really speeds up the process of cooking. It is one of my favorite tools to have with us while camping.
- Campfire cooking is best done over hot coals, rather than an open flame. It is easier to get a more even heat that way.
Ingredients to have on hand:
- Refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- Refrigerated biscuit dough
- Refrigerated flaky rolls
- Refrigerated cookie dough
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Pie filling in your favorite flavors
- Whipped cream
- Condiments like peanut butter, jam, and syrup
Pie Iron Dessert Recipes:
Pie Iron Pumpkin Pie – Pumpkin pie while camping? Why not! It is so simple to make and a perfect way to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Pie Iron Cookies – These camp cooker cookies are super simple to make. Just remember that, for best results, patience is the key to avoid burning them.
Pie Iron Cherry Pie – I can’t resist these pie iron cherry pies! Or you can switch it up and try pie iron apple pie, peach pie, or strawberry pie. Use whatever flavors your family enjoys the most.
Pie Iron Apple Turnover – If you are the kind of person that enjoys a yummy pastry with your morning coffee, this is the breakfast recipe for you. Try it with cherry pie filling or add a bit of cream cheese.
Pie Iron Pudgy Pies – Sometimes called hobo pies or mountain pies, pieces of bread are stuffed with your choice of filling and cooked in a pie iron. Try chocolate chips, sliced fresh strawberries, peanut butter, marshmallow fluff, jam, or anything else you can think of.
Pie Iron S’mores – S’mores are the original campfire desserts. Unlike traditional s’mores, making them in a pie iron guarantees that all of the chocolate will be melted too.
The next time you are heading out to enjoy nature, make sure to enjoy some of my favorite recipes for pie iron desserts.
If you love these pie iron desserts, please help us share them on Facebook or Pinterest!
Leave a Reply