These 10 Must Try Dutch Oven Recipes are all being added to the menu plan on our next camping trip! Dutch oven recipes make one pot style camping dishes so easy to make!
We love to go camping every summer so I have become somewhat of a camp food aficionado. I find that preparing and cooking meals in a dutch oven is perfect for on the grill or over the campfire!
This post contains affiliate links.
Camping essentials for dutch oven recipes:
- These silicone tongs are perfect for flipping and grasping hot food.
- This 9QT Overmont Dutch Oven is my favorite for one pots style meals over the fire.
- These long handled wooden utensils make stirring easy and they don’t melt or get too hot!
- This cast iron scrubber set is perfect for safely cleaning your cast iron.
Must Try Dutch Oven Recipes:
This apple crisp baked in a dutch oven is at the top of my list!
Dutch Oven Chili is the perfect dish to make while camping! Serve it with pie iron garlic bread and you’re all set!
This blackberry cobbler from Ginger has been on my must try list for years!!
Dutch oven stew is definitely happening soon!
This chicken and bean cowboy stew looks absolutely delicious!!
Campfire stew with dumplings is always a hit with my boys!!
I want to try making a whole chicken in a dutch oven! Have you made one?!
This Apple Cobbler from Fresh Off the Grid would make a yummy dessert, or brunch… or snack!
I can’t wait to try this dutch oven corn pudding!!
This dutch oven zucchini bread would be so fun to make!
Don’t all of these recipes look so yummy?! I can’t wait to try them this spring on our next camping adventure!
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or pie irons. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size ziploc bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Taco Salad recipes are some of my favorites.
If you love these dutch oven recipes, please help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!