These dutch oven cobbler recipes are not only easy to make but also totally delicious. Check out the entire list and start by baking your favorite!
A cast iron dutch oven is a great tool to have in your camping gear. One of the best things about this versatile pot is that it can be used on the fire or camp stove, making it the perfect choice for outdoor cooking.
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
Easy dessert recipes are a must for camping. These cobbler recipes fit the bill. They are the perfect end to any meal. Many of these recipes use only self-stable ingredients, making them excellent options for those of you who camp without a travel trailer or fifth wheel that has a built-in fridge.
Dutch oven cooking makes it easy to bake a dump cake or cobbler over the hot coals next time you go camping. Let us show you how…
This post contains affiliate links.
Camping essentials for dutch oven recipes:
- I love using this Lodge Cast Iron Skillet for all of my sauteing.
- These silicone tongs are perfect for flipping and grasping hot food.
- This 9QT Overmont Dutch Oven is my favorite for one pot style meals over the fire.
- These long handled wooden utensils make stirring easy and they don’t melt or get too hot!
- This cast iron scrubber set is perfect for safely cleaning your cast iron.
- I like to have parchment paper and paper towels on hand as well.
Tips and tricks:
- When planning for your next camping trip, make a list of all the ingredients needed for all of your camping meals. This will be your packing list. It also makes it much easier to see exactly what groceries you need to buy and to make up a shopping list.
- When it comes to camping meals, do as much food prep as you can at home. This is a great way to save time and effort on cleanup when you don’t have quick access to hot water.
- Lining the bottom of the dutch oven with parchment paper makes for much easier cleanup. You could also try a disposable dutch oven liner, but grease it well to prevent anything from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- If you have any leftovers, make sure that they are transferred to an airtight container and kept in the fridge or cooler.
Ingredients to Have On Hand:
- Refrigerated biscuits
- Fruit, fresh or canned
- Canned pie filling
- Cake mix
- Mini marshmallows
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Lemon-lime soda
- Cooking spray
- Ice cream or whipped cream
Dutch Oven Cobbler Recipes:
Dutch Oven Blueberry Cobbler – This easy blueberry cobbler recipe is sure to become a family favorite! With just a couple of simple ingredients from the grocery store, you can throw together this yummy camping dessert. Try adding a little bit of lemon zest. The lemon is a perfect compliment to the blueberry filling.
Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler – This dutch oven peach cobbler recipe is so yummy! All you need is peaches, dry cake mix, lemon-lime soda, and cold butter for this sweet treat. Try it with fresh peaches, cans of peaches, or peach pie filling.
Whichever delicious dessert you choose from this list, add some whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the top of the cobbler for a guaranteed 5 star review from the whole family!
Check out even more dutch oven dessert recipes or dutch oven breakfast recipes too.
If you love these recipes please help us share them on Facebook or Pinterest!