This post is full of pie iron crescent roll recipes and ideas! Pack this handy tool and a couple tins of crescent dough on your next trip.
Something that I always try to have on hand when camping is a package or two of Pillsbury dough. Crescent rolls, biscuits, pie crust all work great for creating delicious, fun food in a pie iron!
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
A pie iron, sometimes referred to as a camp cooker, is a camping staple. They are perfect for getting the whole family involved in the cooking process and a great way to turn a few slices of bread into a memorable experience.
All of the easy recipes included in this post are perfect for your next camping trip. With a few simple ingredients and a cast iron pie iron, you are all set to spend some quality time around the campfire as a family.
Tips & tricks:
- Many of these pie iron recipes will work with refrigerated crescent roll dough, biscuits, flaky rolls, or bread slices. Choose what you like best.
- Make a list of all the ingredients needed for all of your camping meals. This will be your packing list. It also makes it much easier to see exactly what groceries you need to buy and to make up a shopping list.
- When it comes to camping meals, do as much food prep as you can at home. This is an easy way to save time and effort on cleanup when you don’t have quick access to hot water.
- Using a double pie iron really speeds up the process of cooking. It is one of my favorite tools to have with us while camping.
- Campfire cooking is best done over hot coals, rather than an open flame. It is easier to get a more even heat that way.
Ingredients to have on hand:
- Bread dough
- Refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Refrigerated pizza dough
- Refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- Refrigerated biscuits
- Refrigerated flaky rolls
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Ham slices, sliced roast beef or turkey
- Mozzarella and cheddar cheese, both shredded and sliced
- Pie filling, cherry & blueberry are always favorites!
- Mini marshmallows are helpful to have instead of just regular
- Condiments like peanut butter, jam, and syrup
This post contains affiliate links.
Camping essentials for pie iron recipes:
- We like these square Rome pie irons the best.
- These double pie irons are great when cooking for a crowd.
- This cast iron scrubber set is perfect for safely cleaning your iron.
- These parchment paper sheets are helpful when you don’t want things to stick to your iron.
Pie Iron Crescent Roll Recipes:
Pie Iron Pizza – You can use either refrigerated pizza crust or crescent dough for these simple pizzas. Fill with any of your favorite pizza toppings, like green peppers, red peppers, ham, pepperoni, olives, and plenty of mozzarella cheese.
Pie Iron Garlic Bread – Serve this yummy garlic bread with sloppy joes, dutch oven chili, or this philly cheesesteak.
Pie Iron Pie – These pie iron cherry pies are perfect for the sweet tooth in the group. This recipe is also totally flexible. Use cherry pie filling, lemon pie filling, apple, raspberry, whatever flavor you like best. Try chocolate chips and marshmallow fluff. You could even add a little cream cheese.
Pie Iron Ham & Cheese – Cooked to a golden brown and oozing with deliciousness, this camping take on grilled cheese sandwiches is sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
Pie Iron Cinnamon Buns – It doesn’t get much easier than this sweet treat. These cinnamon rolls, with a cup of coffee, are the perfect way to enjoy a morning campfire. Or make this tasty dish for a midafternoon snack.
All of these recipes are great options to include next time you are making up a camping meal plan. Check out even more of my favorite pie iron dessert recipes or pie iron breakfast recipes.
If you love these pie iron crescent roll recipes, please help us share them on Facebook or Pinterest!
Leave a Reply