This foil packet nacho recipe is perfect for camping. With just a bit of preparation you can add this yummy camping meal to your next trip.
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
These foil packet nachos are super yummy and really easy to make! We make camping nachos all the time.
This post contains affiliate links.
Camping essentials for foil packet meals:
- I love using these foil pie pans for all of my packet meals.
- These silicone tongs are perfect for flipping and grasping food.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These grilling bags make clean up a breeze and these parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging.
How to make this foil packet nacho recipe:
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and prepared at home
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 large bag nacho chips
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream
- Prepare the ground beef at home and cook with 1-2 tsp of taco seasoning. Allow it to cool before placing into a large freezer bag for easy storage and packing.
- Lay out two large sheets of foil to create a tinfoil packet.
- Layer nacho chips, beef, pepper, onion and cheese on the foil. We usually have two layers of nacho ingredients.
- Wrap the ingredients up in the foil.
- Cook over the campfire or grill for 15-20 minutes or until all of the cheese has melted.
Check out our How to Make a Campfire for Cooking post for lots of tips and tricks to having the perfect campfire.
Tips for making foil packets:
- Cut two pieces of aluminum foil to about 12″. Layer them one on top of the other. Place recipe ingredients in the center. Bring up the longer edges of the foil and fold together. Grasp one end and roll it up, repeat with the other end.
- Alternatively foil pie plates may be used to cook foil packet meals. Simply place the recipe ingredients in the pie plate and cover with aluminum foil before cooking.
- For best results cook the foil packet on a grill over the open fire.
- Use caution when handling the foil packet as it can become hot while cooking.
This foil packet recipe is such a great make ahead camping meal! I love any recipe that can be mostly prepared in advance to make our camping trip as enjoyable as possible.
Our camping meal preparation hacks:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or pie irons. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size ziploc bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Taco Salad recipes are some of my favorites.
If you love this easy foil packet nacho recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!